Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium, referenced in The Rules section. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers in the STD field, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions concerning NCSD itself are not monitored here and should be submitted via the Contact NCSD form
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important Terms and Conditions. NCSD reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions at any time by revising this document. Your continued use of this website indicates that you accept and agree to the changes. As long as you comply with these Terms and Conditions, NCSD grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited privilege to enter and use the website.
If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.The Rules
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a resource helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Do not post job openings within the community space. If you have a job post you would like to share on the NCSD Job Board, please contact NCSD.
- Don't post commercial messages in any discussion thread, community, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
The Legal Stuff
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your contact details in your profile.
This site is provided as a service for the members of National Coalition of STD Directors. National Coalition of STD Directors is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by National Coalition of STD Directors or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall National Coalition of STD Directors be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Members are strictly prohibited from posting defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Members are prohibited from posting any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants National Coalition of STD Directors and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
National Coalition of STD Directors does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of National Coalition of STD Directors we will take all appropriate action, including removing postings and restricting user access to posts.
National Coalition of STD Directors reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.Disclaimer
NCSD does not promise that the site or any content, service, or feature of the site will be error-free or uninterrupted, or that any defects will be corrected, or that your use of the site will provide specific results. The site and its content are de3liverewd on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. NCSD cannot ensure that any files or other data you download from the site will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features. NCSD disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. NCSD disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site and/or any NCSD Services. you assume total responsibility for your use of the Site and your sole remedy is to stop using the site or any such content. This limitation is a part of the bargain between the parties and applies to any damages, liability or injuries caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence, or any other cause of action.Limitation of Liability
Except where prohibited by law, in no event will NCSD be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages, even if NCSD has been advised of the possibility of such damages. If, notwithstanding these Terms and Conditions, NCSD is found to be liable, such liability shall in no event exceed the greater of (1) the total of any subscription or access fees with respect to the use of this website or (2) US$100.00. The foregoing limitation may not apply in jurisdictions that do not allow limitations of liability.Indemnity
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless NCSD and its officers, directors, predecessors, successors, employees, agents, and affiliates from any demands, loss, liability, claims, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) made by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your use of the Site.Governing Law
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf. You are not required to provide the personal information requested, but, if you choose not to do so, then it may not be possible to provide you with products, services, or responses to queries available through this site.Business Transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to another entity (either an affiliated entity or an unrelated third party) in connection with a merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar corporate event. If such a transfer were ever to occur, the acquiring entity’s use of your personal information will still be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is required to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.External Sites
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact NCSD form